· 'Extended Editing' is useful only when you type in Tscii (non-unicode) in external
applications. So, if you are not interested in the same, then you need NOT read the
· Azhagi provides a great degree of flexibility in it's Tamil key mappings scheme that it
becomes a highly tricky thing to simulate all of these flexibilities during 'direct typing
in Tamil in an external application' also. Yet, this tricky thing has been achieved
successfully but provided as options (Extended Editing and Extended Mode) since I
found in my testing that some applications do not respond well to these 2 features. So,
users can always keep these 2 options unticked for applications which do not respond
to these options. Absolutely no harm results by keeping them unticked. They are
'extended' facilities and not required for normal typing operations.
· 'Extended' as its name suggests is an extended facility and its unique to Azhagi. This is not required for normal typing operation and it need not be kept ticked.
· 'Extended Editing' does nothing but this. i.e. for e.g., if you mistakenly type " «ù÷
Åó¾÷ " in an 'external application' (say MS-Word)
and wish to correct it, then you
can move the cursor to position it after 'ù' and type 'a' and «ù÷ will
«Å÷. Similarly, you can move the cursor to position it after '¾' and type 'a' and
Åó¾÷ will change to Åó¾¡÷. If your OS gives problems, you can keep 'Extended
Editing' unticked. Then, to move back and change ù to Å, you have to delete ù and
type 'va' afresh. Thats the difference. Anyway, when you have started typing fast, you
may not require the need to go back and edit often.
1. Whenever an application seems to get locked during 'Extended Editing', just press
'F10' again or keep pressing 'Ctrl-F10' and the lock will be released. You can press
'Ctrl-Esc' or 'Ctrl-Alt-Delete -> CANCEL' also to release the lock.
2. Once you identify that a particular application does not respond well to 'Extended
Editing' or gets locked sometimes, use the Titles/Options Editor to make the
application avoid 'Extended Editing' permanently.
|Document version 6.3.1||Copyright 2000-2012 Azhagi.com|