I face a problem with certain html files alone. After conversion, these files remain in Tscii
itself. Nothing gets converted to Unicode. Why?
File remains the same
· If you want to know first as to why the file remained the same without getting
converted to unicode, kindly please read the 'reason' given at the end. Otherwise,
kindly follow the steps below straightaway for a simple solution to get the file
1. Open the problematic file (say a.html) in MS-Word
2. Save it as another html file (say b.html)
3. Open b.html in azhagi's converter and convert it.
4. The resulting converted file will be in unicode.
· Note: Even after following the above steps, certain characters might still not get
converted here and there. Nothing can be done about it except using Azhagi's
direct typing mode to edit/insert the unicode characters in the source of 'b.html'.
Please view the source of the problematic file (say a.html) in an editor. You will see
lot of characters like « Å û etc. A browser like IE will preprocess
these characters to "Tamil 'a' ", "Tamil 'va' " and so on (much the same way it
replaces ' ' with space character) and will show the Tamil characters on
screen finally. But, Azhagi's converter does not do this preprocessing before
commencing the conversion process. Hence, it just reads the English characters
and outputs the English characters as they are. Well, to achieve this preprocessing
only, I have suggested the abovementioned very simple steps. Follow them and
you will have your file converted properly into Unicode Tamil.
|Document version 6.3.1||Copyright 2000-2012 Azhagi.com|