Unicode - Issues and solutions
· In MS Word 2007 (and above), if there are problems typing certain words alone [like
'jananam', 'kumaarar', etc. - where particular uyirmey agaram characters get formed
sequentially], then it has nothing to do with Azhagi. It is because of 'sequence
checking' in MS-Word. So, please do the following:
1. Right click next to the 'view' menu item of MS-Word.
2. You will get a popup menu.
3. In that, select 'Customize Quick Access Toolbar' option.
4. In the left side, choose 'Advanced' option.
5. Now, uncheck 'Use sequence checking'.
Thereafter, you won't face problems typing any Tamil word. You may come across this
problem with some other applications too. So, try to go through the correct menu
options in whatever application in which you face this specific problem and
uncheck/disable 'sequence checking'. You can view the latest online reference to the
abovesaid at http://azhagi.com/helptips.html#SequenceChecking · Adobe products such as PageMaker, PhotoShop, etc. do not support Unicode (even if
Unicode is enabled fully). When you try to type in Unicode in such applications, you
might only see question marks or boxes or disjointed Tamil characters appearing in
them, either at all places or at certain places. Please see http://azhagi.com/uniset.html#pageps
in this connection.
· Office 2000 and earlier versions may not support Unicode typing using Azhagi even
after effecting various settings. To resolve the issue, you may have to upgrade to
Office 2002 and later versions.
To know more
· You can view the above groups' messages at any time without joining the groups. Only
to post comments, you have to join the groups.
· While joining any of the groups above, you can always opt for 'No Email' option and
see all the messages posted, over the net itself.
|Document version 6.3.1||Copyright 2000-2012 Azhagi.com|